A beef recipe! I know right! The queen of chicken actually eats something else!
And these are so yummy!
I just love little individual servings.
They are so darn cute.
Makes 8 small Wellingtons
1 large can of mushroom pieces ( Or 1 or so cups of fresh mushrooms)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2 (4 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Drain mushrooms. ( If using fresh, clean them with a wet paper towel and chop.)
3. Saute them with a dash of S&P in the butter.
4. When mushrooms are soft and tender, add the flour, then cream.
5. Stir the sauce constantly so it does not scortch.
6. When sauce thickens, remove from heat ( about 3-5 mins)
7. Mix onion, S&P, eggs, ketchup and 1/8 cup of the mushroom sauce into the ground beef.
8. Separate cresent rolls so that each tube forms 4 rectangles. Lay them on a baking sheet.
9. Separate your meat into 8 small loaves/ mounds.
10. Wrap each loaf in a section of cresent rolls, seal seams.
11. Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes.
12. Warm sauce, throw it on top of the wellingtons, serve.
I make extra sauce, because that is my fam's favorite part! :) You may want to do the same! :)
Side note: I am not a mushroom lover, so I skip the sauce on mine and it is just as good!