Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Sandwich


Did you really need a 22 pound turkey to feed 6 people? Umm... I think not.  Did that stop you? Yeah, didn’t think so. So now what??? Huh? Well, don’t sweat it. I got your back.  I have a few leftover recipes to share with you. :) But just one today, okay? 
This is a sandwich inspired by at Turkey Day sandwich that I saw advertised at Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. It is my family’s new favorite. :) I hope you enjoy it too! 
Now, I make this without leftovers just anytime I feel like it. And to do that I use turkey breast cutlets and fry them in some EVOO with some poultry seasoning.  But you can also use turkey lunchmeat or left over roasted turkey. :) Ahhh.... so many options! 
I also use a cranberry sauce/salad that I get from a little country store near my house. But you feel free to use your own homemade cranberry salad, canned sauce, whatever you like. :)  But go here is a recipe for some yummy sauce I made for last year that is similiar.
Grab:
Turkey of some sort ( leftovers, lunchmeat or cutlets)
Cranberry salad, sauce or jelly
Stuffing (You can use good old boxed mix or leftovers)
Mayo(just enough to moisten the bread. You can also use ricotta cheese)
Butter
Rolls ( I use a crusty italian roll)
Gravy (optional)
Go:
Preheat oven to 375 and butter your bread.
Sprinkle a little poultry seasoning on bread. (You can also use thyme, rosemary, and/or sage)
Toast the buns in the oven until just lightly golden brown.
Remove the buns and spread just a little mayo on one side (if you like).
Spread cranberry salad/sauce on the other side.
Add your turkey (warm it up before you put on the bread).
Add some stuffing. (do this!!!)
And then feel free to drizzle with gravy. If you are making this without leftovers, buy a jar of gravy and warm some. This is my hubby’s favorite part.

I know it sounds weird... but I promise you will use up those leftovers and be looking for reasons to roast a turkey every month! :) 

Tip:  freeze some extra turkey in sandwich bags and pull it out when you are ready to make these yummy sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment