Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken Legs


I know, I know it is grilling season and I cooked my chicken legs in the oven. Bummer. But they turned out really good anyway.

I got my chicken on sale @ Weis for a GREAT deal. 14 chicken legs for $2.92. Often times at Weis, meat that needs to be cooked or frozen within a day or 2, they stick a $2.00 off coupon on the package. The cashier honors the coupon at the time of purchase. So whatever the bottom line price is, you get to take $2.00 off that price! I stocked up on chicken legs! :)

What you need
Chicken legs
seasoned salt
smoked paprika
garlic powder
celery seed

Preheat oven to 350 sprinkle chicken legs with seasoned salt, smoked paprika, celery seed and garlic powder generously. Up dump chicken onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle that side with the same seasoning. Pop them into the oven. After 15 mintes, flip the chicken on the opposite side. Cook another 20 minutes. Flip again. Cook 20 more minutes. Pop the broiler on and watch carefully. This takes about 3 minutes. Flip and brown the other side. Enjoy!

Oh, yeah... and those yummy baked beans on the plate... maybe... if you are lucky... one day I will share that recipe with you too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment