Sunday, January 22, 2012

Black Magic Cake

Black Magic Cake



I found this recipe via pinterest. Anything with coffee and chocolate is at the top of my "Must Make" list. So I gave it a whirl today. Disclosure: I am picky about cake. I don't want anything to do with any kind of dry cake. This is not at all dry. Moist, light, yummy. It is a keeper. It will be my go-to chocolate cake recipe!

Here is where you can find the original recipe.
But I copied it for ya! :)

1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 csugar
3/4 ccocoa powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspsalt
2eggs
1 cstrong black coffee, cooled
1 cbuttermilk
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 tspreal vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cmargarine, softened
2 ozmelted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
3 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspmilk
2 tspreal vanilla extract

Directions

1
 Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
2
 Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
3
 Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
4
 Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
5
 Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
6
 Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.

So what I loved about this cake... was it was light but moist. The frosting was really light. Almost whipped.  The only changes I made, were to use milk choco chips instead of unsweetend chocolate in the frosting, I added a TBSP of peanut butter to the chocolate to help it smooth out and used heavy cream for the milk. So good. So easy. Gotta go... shoving my face with cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment