Monday, January 30, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Need I say it again? 
Green is my favorite color. 
I will eat anything Green
Except for Jello. 
( I don't know what to do with it. Chew? Liquify? Swallow whole?)
And I don't really do pudding. 
So no pistachio pudding for me.
But Green veggies? 
I am in!
My favorites? 
Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus. 
Here are some yummy brussel sprouts! Enjoy!

I usually just boil the heck out of my brussel sprouts with a chicken bullion cube. I love them like that. I don't even care if I over boil and they are mushy. I just love those little baby cabbages. (Well, that is what they look like at least.) 
Once in a while, I will roast the sprouts. If I feel like cutting them up and waiting for them to roast. It totally changes the flavor. It gives it a nutty flavor. Really good and not mushy :)

Grab:
Some FRESH brussel sprouts
Some oil (EVOO or canola)
Salt and Pepper
onion- (optional)
-or-
slivered almonds (optional)

Go:
Cut brussel sprouts in half lengthwise. (I also cut the bottom off, but you don't have to)
Throw on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. 
Sprinkle with S&P
You can add thick slices of onions if you want. 
Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees. Give the sprouts a stir every 8 minutes. So they roast evenly. 
Add almonds if you desire halfway through ( about the 12 minute mark)
My sprouts are done after about 25 minutes. 
Green and good for you! Happy me! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment