Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Pies at Preschool


Pumpkin Pie? Ummm.... do you even have to ask? YES, PLEASE!!!! 
It does not get any better than that. 
Oh wait, yes it does. 
Make them mini... of course! 

This makes 18 mini pies 


I basically followed the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe on the back of the can... or found here, minus the pie shell. 
When I say "basically" followed the recipe... it is because we made these in preschool. 
So I helped measure... and the kids were pretty close. :) The only big change I made, was adding a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice in addition to the other spices. 
Try it! It was really yummy! 

I allow the kids to measure, open cans, dump, mix, pour, shake and sprinkle. Their favorite part was cracking the eggs! Don't be scared. Let 'em do it. ;) I just have them crack them into separate cups, so digging out the shell is rather easy. :) And surprisingly, there was hardly any shell to remove!


Fill the pie shells and bake... I preheated my oven to 400 degrees. But turned it down to 375 when  I put the pies in. I started checking them after 20 minutes... but it took more like 26-27 minutes. The way you can tell is by gently touching the center of the pie, if your finger does not leave a mark, then they are ready. But if you get some pumpkin stuck to your finger, they can go a little longer. I would say no more than 30 minutes though. And the graham cracker crust makes all the difference in the world! 

So get the kids in the kitchen. Let them make a mess and enjoy this yummy treat! 




No comments:

Post a Comment