Friday, December 9, 2011

Monster Cookies



I was telling my BFF, Kristy that I was making some Monster Cookies for her church Christmas party this weekend. She said, "Umm... you know it's not October, right?"
I was surprised she never heard of Monster Cookies.
I grew up with a version of them my Aunt TC made.

I promise you it is the only batch of Christmas cookies that you will need to make this year. This recipe makes at least 16 dozen. Easy... probably a ton more... wait let me count...
Ok, I'm back... so far I have about 1/3 of the dough baked and I have tons of dozens of  cookies. It is easily over 100 And I am expecting at least another 150!!! Crazy right???

These are so soft and chewy. So dense and yummy. The great thing is you can make the basic batter and add whatever "extras" you want... Read on, you will see what I mean.

Grab:
 (Ok, wait... take a deep breath. Don't freak out. I know this is gonna sound crazy, but just go with it.. k?)

12 eggs beaten
2 lbs Brown Sugar
4 c white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Karo
8 teaspoons Baking soda
1 lb Butter
3 lb peanut butter ( 4 cups plus)
18 c oatmeal ( lg container)
1 lb Chocolate chips
1 lb mini M&M's
( I always add PB chip and white chocolate chips too!)

Go:
In large bowl mix ingredients in order. Beat after each. Drop onto cookie sheet. bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes Take out while soft. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Let cool a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. I usually bake mine for 11-12 minutes. I like them super soft. Don't worry, the centers will firm up as they cool completely, but they will not be dry at all! :) :) :) 


 I measure my baking soda by dumping each teaspoon separately around the bowl so I don't lose count.
 Four stick of butter. Oh My Word... I feel like Paula Deen!
 Go ahead, taste the batter... I won't tell ;)

 Yummy batter
 Up close
 Up closer
 I bake mine on Parchment... you should too.
 oh, yeah.
There is a reason I am baking in my sweatpants today... My jeans probably wouldn't fit by the end of the night :)



Now, here is what I do. I mix as many of the ingredients in the mixer as will fit. Today I got up to the PB, then had to dump half the batter into a huge bowl. I added half the PB to the bowl and half to the remaining batter in the mixer. I mixed the rest by hand, then added the oatmeal to the big bowl, and mixed both batches of dough together. Add in you "extras" last. 
I used mini dark chocolate chips
M&M minis
1/2 bag of Reese's PB chips

In the past I have also added butterscotch chips, raspberry chips, caramel chips, white choco chips, nuts... anything your lil heart desires! 

You can also split the batch after mixing in the oatmeal and make several different kinds of cookies. I have also done this before as well. 
I have never frozen the dough, but I have frozen the baked cookies, and they freeze wonderfully! 

I hope you and yours enjoy my family's favorite cookie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment