Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mini Apple Pies


Hello Autumn. :) I pretty much L-O-V-E you. Your colors are beautiful and your breeze is refreshing. But, you bring out the baker in me. And a baker I am not. You make me wanna be a better baker. But baking makes me fat. Well, it is not the baking part that makes me fat as much as the eating part... but...

Well anyway, I saw these yummy Honeycrisp apples on sale at the store. I bought more than we could eat, as usual, so it was a good excuse to bake an apple pie. But I like mini things. Little, tiny, itty, bitty, teeny foods are always so much yummier. Or maybe just as yummy, but a whole lot cuter! So mini apple pies for me!

I have never actually made an apple pie before. Let me correct that, I have never actually made a pie before at all unless you count these adorable teeny Key Lime Pies that I made HERE. But it seems like making an apple pie just comes naturally. Cinnamon, apples, sugar... right? Well I guess we will see!

Grab:
2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie crusts
3 large baking apples. (I used Honeycrisp,  but you could use Granny Smith)
1/2 cup sugar
1.5 TBSP flour
1.5 TBSP cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 TBSP butter
A muffin tin

Go:
Preheat oven to 425
1. Peel and chop apples into small pieces.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. 
3. Pour the mixture over the apples and stir.

4. Use a large cup or jar to cut out circles from the pie dough.
5. Press one circle lightly into the bottom of a cupcake cup.

6. Continue with half of the circles. 
7. Fill the cups with the apple mixture.

8. Top with another circle cut out. Press down to seal.
9. Cut 3 small slits in the top of each mini pie.

10. Melt butter and brush onto the top of each pie.
11. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar.

12. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. 


Want to print the recipe? Follow my link to the printable PDF. Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment