Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pretzel Bites and a Snowy Day


It snowed today, Oct 29, 2011. It is still snowing. Lots. Lots and lots of snow. I carved my first pumpkin in over 15 years today. I carved a snowflake into it. It just seemed appropriate. Or maybe ironic. I also spent some time in kitchen. I will share the favorite recipe for the day with you. :)

Grab:
4 cups of flour ( I used high gluten, but you don't have to)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 and 1/4 teaspoons of yeast or 1 package
1 and 1/2 cups warm water
1 egg, beaten

Go:
Dissolve yeast in the water.
Mix together the dry ingredients. 
Add wet ingredients
Mix together until it forms a ball. ( I used a my dough hook in my KitchenAid mixer)
Roll out pieces of the dough into a snake. 
Cut them into 1 inch pieces.
Bake at 425 for 6-8 minutes. 
Cool slightly and dip in melted butter, then roll in topping of choice.

Honey mustard topping
I mixed together this mustard  (you could use regular mustard or dijon)
     Honey
 Some lemon juice
mixed it and dipped it. YUMMY!!! 

Cinnamon & Sugar
Well, I actually had left over mixture from the Mini Apple Pies so I used it. :)

Sea Salt

You can also use parm cheese, italian seasoning, garlic, cheese dip, etc!!! Great party food, super easy, no need to even let the dough rise! YUMMMMMMYYY!!!!

Oh and by the way, here is my snowflake pumpkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment