Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes


I hate cheesecake.
I do not think cream cheese should be used in desserts.
Cheese + Cake = Gross
I hate cream cheese icing with a passion. 
I love to cook with cream cheese.
I only use Philadelphia brand and recommend you do the same. 

BUT, I made mini cheesecakes. Pumpkin ones. And they were seriously good. Yes, I took a small taste! :) My family loved them and my neighbor requested the recipe be posted on here, so Melinda, this is for you ;)

*Disclaimer: this is more of a cheesecake  pumpkin pie*

The rest of ya'll, you should really try these! I made them for my Nanny's tea party! 

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Grab:
A bag of small gingersnaps
1- 15 ounce can of pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese (at room temp)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp dry ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
 Cupcake pan
Foil cupcake liners

Go:
1. Fill 24 cupcake molds with foil liners. ( I use foil because cheesecake is sorta wet)
2. Place a gingersnap in the bottom of each liner.

3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Beat your cream cheese and sugars until nice and smooth.
5. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
6. Beat well.
7. Add heavy cream, eggs and vanilla.
8. Beat really well. ( This is the part where the heavy cream will help thicken your mixture.)
9. Use a cookie scoop to fill the cupcake papers. ( almost full)
10. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
NOTE: the edges will be done and the center may seem undone, but that is just cheesecake. Don't be tempted to over bake it.


Adapted from here. Check her out! :)

2 comments: