Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Preschool: J is for Jellyfish


I love, love, love this craft! I have the kiddos complete it during Table Time, which can get a little iffy because it does take some direction. But I have learned some tricks to make it go smoothly. I was inspired by some craft that I saw on the net long before I knew what a blog was and when pinterest did not exist. (So sorry for no shout out.)  The original idea used cupcake liners and they colored them with markers. I did that one year, but found that coffee filters worked a lot better for me and the blotters made the little jellies come alive! :)
Grab:
Blue construction paper (1 sheet per child)
Coffee filter, folded or cut in half (1 for each child)
Wiggly eyes ( I love the self adhesive ones!)
Bingo Blotters or dot painters
Double sided tape (Trust me, this works better than glue for this project)
Yarn (several strands for each kiddo).

Go:
I prepped the paper by sticking a 4-5inch piece of double stick tape to the middle of each paper. 
When kiddos came in, they stuck the yarn onto the tape, then placed the coffee filter on top. 
They decorated with bingo blotters/dot painters.
Lastly added wiggly eyes!
I love these litte Jellies! :) :) :) 




3 comments:

  1. yes..this really is a great preschool craft!!! easy and fun too!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun - I made something similar as a party craft; 'happy oysters' with cupcake liners and google eyes, with a stick-on gem inside, but yours are lots of fun!!

    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/happy-oyster.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Jellyfish, will keep this in mind for the letter J.

    ReplyDelete